Friday, November 19, 2004

celebrating life with my mother


having a birthday celebration--my beautiful mother and me shares our happiness together. i love her soooo much! she is the most positive woman i've ever known. she intentionally sees her cup as half full instead of seeing it as half empty. her health--in body and spirit--is a result of a faithful application of her favorite proverb: "laughter is the best medicine." while my late father was the one who built a healthy sense of confidence in myself (treating me always as if i have the power to change the world around me), it is my mother who served as a balancing conscience everytime i succumb to an unhealthy kind of pride. her words of wisdom is an ever-present reminder: "my son, all truly great persons are genuinely humble individuals."